Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tea for Two

I'm determined to get the little one to sleep longer than 2 hours at night. It's ridiculous. Actually... it's not even the waking that's hard on me it's getting her back to sleep after. It shouldn't take 2 hours!! So, as I sat breast feeding her to sleep the other night I had an epiphany. What if I put a couple of drops of lavender essential oil in her crib... maybe she'd sleep better. So I did. Then I went even further... what if I gave her some chamomile tea before bed?! I immediately Googled it and lo & behold... TONS of moms soothe their babies with chamomile tea because it's safe, caffeine free, soothing & good for colic & gas. So... now before bed Sofie & I sit in her bedroom with the light's dim & have tea!!

I warm up about an ounce of pretty diluted tea (1 tea bag per 16 oz) but she doesn't like it very much so she's not drinking nearly that... a few sips from her bottle. But I figure if I keep offering it to her in a positive environment she will grow to like it... and maybe it will help her sleep! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the lavender is working? Or maybe it doesn't matter it still smells great :)

    ReplyDelete