Monday, October 3, 2011

The Vancouver Post

I'm back from my 5-day hiatus in Van-c. I spent the week there (sans enfants) visiting my dad & brother's fam. It was fabulous. 

My dad had a simple surgery last Tuesday and decided last minute that he wanted someone there in the event he needed some extra care... so he flew me out west. Ironically, the surgery couldn't have gone any better and there was no recovery so we had a nice visit.... well, as nice as 5 days with my father could go... laugh out loud. There are various idiosyncrasies when it comes to visiting my dad. Such as, I was happy to find a box of honey nut cheerios when I woke up craving cereal, but was less than thrilled to find out that it was left over from our visit last summer (yes.. 2010). That's the thing about my dad's... you can never be too sure about how long something has been sitting around. If it doesn't show signs of aging, it ain't goin' nowhere.

His apartment has a history of housing very large spiders. Once while my sister & I were visiting about 5 years ago we had a couple of way-to-close encounters. Even my dad was freaked. EVERYWHERE I go in the apartment I canvas for spiders. It's always top priority. It's not because we don't have spiders here.. it's just that we don't have them that big INSIDE the house. Luckily there were no sightings...but that doesn't mean they weren't there!!!!

Usually one would associate going out west with warmer weather. Not this time. I left 20+ degree weather for 11 degrees & rain. I think I was the only one at the airport with no jacket & wearing sandals. Piss me off. I missed our indian summer. We did end up with a couple of beautiful days though and got in a nice walk along the boardwalk with my sister-in-law & nephew. We also squeezed in some shopping.


We watched a lot of TV & had fabulous suppers at my brothers (thanks to his wife!). And even though I had to listen to all the reasons why Campari tomatoes are "the perfect tomato" with way too much enthusiasm for a tomato... It was a really great week.

My camera didn't make too many appearances but here's a little photo montage of what I did snap. It's amazing what you can see from 40000 feet!






1 comment:

  1. Woah!!! These are awesome shots! The mountains are just amazing. You're a rad photographer - thank you for capturing them.

    ReplyDelete