Wednesday, August 10, 2011

now we are Six

Six years ago plus a day I lost 30 pounds overnight. It was a miracle. Now if only I could pull that off without giving birth to a child. My first baby turned 6 yesterday... that's pretty amazing. We went to Boston Pizza with family for dinner & had a great time. Sam ordered hamburgers as usual. He didn't eat much because his tummy was hurting and he had gas. Who knew a child could produce such stink? I guess when you're 6 things mutate. He conveniently let one go on his father's lap just as all the waitresses came with his cake & to sing happy birthday. No bother to Sam of course but my husband & step father were mortified because who blames the stink on the kids?? Surely the waitresses pinned it on one of the men. HA!

After BP we hit DQ for some soft serve.... mmmmm. Or not. To compliment my son's gas was the faint smell of sewage seeping out from an open drain in the floor. Delish. And then my mother sits down and shares with us that the woman in the bathroom with her was disgusting. Of course we all sat there waiting to see who, or what, would walk out. Maybe she had hamburgers for supper too? Lovely evening. We have such class it's riDQulous.

xoc

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Wish I'd been there. Though I'm sure there's plenty of gas left for next week.

    ReplyDelete