Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Belly Cast

Here she is! I'm really glad we decided to go at it ourselves and not get it professionally done. Gives it so much more meaning. My husband did the initial casting with the gauze & plaster and then I went over it again after with another 2 coats of plaster I bought at Michaels. Then I tried to sand it smooth but couldn't... so I went with the 'rustic' look... which I really like now that it's all done. I dyed some plaster pink to apply the stencil to keep with the rustic look. Working with a stencil on a round, rough surface is NOT easy... but I'm happy.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad it worked out. It's super! I might do it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with it. You should totally do it.

      Delete
  2. wow! Great idea! I love how you decorated it - the red ribbon is so sweet. Xx.

    ReplyDelete