Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Baby $#*! On My Manicure

Babies are crazy. Please... tell my people always say "enjoy them at this age"? Um... no! How 'bout i'll enjoy her when she stops the excessive crying and sleeps more than 2 hours in a row. I'll enjoy her when she can sit for longer than 10 minutes without crying. Don't get me wrong... LOVE her to death & cutest thing ever... but enjoyable? Not so much. Stressful? Bingo!

So I decided I would take a photo of my clock every time I got in & out of bed to illustrate my typical night time routine. Goes a little something like this...




She falls asleep at the boob... I put her down in her swing to sleep.



She cries. Up I get. Boob.



Back asleep... back in her swing.



Crying. Boob.



Asleep.



Awake. Boob.



Asleep.



 Crying again... up for a feed. A nice 3 hour stretch.



 Asleep after feeding... back in her swing.



Waaaaaaaaaaaa... Boob.



Back asleep... but not for long. She was up again at 7.






It's typical... but it's tough. And I think it would be easier if she was happier during the day, but there's a lot of crying there too.

On another note, the official arrival of spring has brought with it temperatures in the high twenties! Yay. It also brought mosquitoes. Boo! We've been spending our days doing yard clean-up & lounging on the back deck. Our back deck, which is new this year... KICKS ASS. We are LOVING it. I was hoping that the beautiful weather & time outside would make Sofie happier... not so much. But at least the rest of us are. Today I went for some me time & got a manicure & pedicure. Mmmmm clean feet. Sofie shat all over my manicure. Awesome. Bring her up to change a poopy diaper and just when I get her all cleaned up she unloads all over my nicely manicured hand. And while cleaning that up she pukes all over herself. So I clean that & she shits some more. When I'm sure she's done pooing I put on a diaper & clean clothes. And then she pukes all over her clean clothes. Seriously? Oh... and her poo smells like chamomile tea. Sweet.

1 comment: