Monday, September 5, 2011

The 16 Week Rant

Because I am going through such a wonderful period in my life right now I thought that I should share my joy with everyone. Let's start with a little trivia.

Pregnancy is....

A) A miracle

B) An amazing journey & experience where one human creates another

C) A never ending battle of emotions & hormones, severe fatigue, loss of energy, painful bloating, constant heartburn & continuous weight gain.

I pick C. If I'm not so tired that even relaxing is draining, my bowels are pinching my nerves from the inside, my stomach acids are burning away at my esophagus, or my painfully bloated stomach needs its own support system. Oh joy.



I woke up yesterday morning and could barely lift my head off the pillow because of severe pain in the lower right side of the back of my head. Convinced I had a tumor growing off my brain stem, I quickly Googled my symptoms and was somewhat relieved to find out I was likely exaggerating. It's quite painful though, and it's difficult to turn my head or even lie down on it without it hurting. It's also painful to blow my nose... I can't seem to get enough force behind the blow without causing pain & pressure.

After a wonderful night of battling heart burn with chocolate almond milk, yogurt, 5 pieces of bread & finally having to fall back asleep sitting up, I woke up and the pain in the back of my head had somehow connected to the back of my sinuses and maybe even my ear. Although it's not worse, it's expanding. And it hurts more if I bend down. It's no headache pain, that's for sure. And it's also not in my neck... just the lower part of my head. I still haven't decided if I should be worried or not.

Other than that, my 2 month battle with my allergies and completely congested chest is still going strong. Except for now, as I mentioned, blowing my nose is difficult without flaring up the pain in the back of my head. Fabulous. I would love to roll into a little ball and sleep but it seems like the more I sleep, the less energy & more fatigued I am. I can't seem to find a happy in between.

I've also been looking at maternity clothes. I decided that I don't really want to spend much money on them so I've been looking for maternity jeans on Ebay. You can find nice used jeans at a fraction of the price. What I don't understand, is how someone can be pregnant and still be a size 1... or have a waist size 27. My thighs during pregnancy must be close to a 25. I am a pre-pregnant size 4-6 and I still need to look for a size 10-12 to be sure they'll fit my ever expanding lower half. "Gap maternity jeans size 2" or "Stretch maternity jeans 26 x 30". Please. Nobody in the fashion industry, or at least none of the models, gain any weight other than a tiny baby bump. Ads for maternity clothing have women who look like this....



Because that's a realistic impression of what pregnant women look like. Geez... I don't even look that good when I'm not pregnant. Who are they kidding.... right?

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone my friend...I slept like 2 hours last night.

    ReplyDelete