Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Chaos & A Happy New Groove

The celebrations are over. The house is quiet. The kids have another 6 days of holidays. It's -16. There's a dusting of snow on the ground. Too cold to go for a walk. Not enough snow for tobogganing. No ice for skating. I don't even have a winter coat that does up. My feet are too swollen for my winter boots, not to mention my kids came home from school before the holidays with 1 glove each. Awesome.

The holidays were great. For Christmas I got a cold sore and a broken hot tub. My husband got a gun. Yes... me, the anti-gun, never going to have one in the house wife bought him a gun. A semi-automatic assault rifle. Sounds worse than it is. I was going for the extreme element of surprise and I definitely got it. It was worth it, but perhaps I'm watching too much red neck TV.

We traveled a bit. We ate a lot. We were at Pepère's for Christmas Eve, home for Christmas & off to my aunts for Boxing day. The kids were tired...



On our way home from Pepère's on Christmas Eve we drove past a very festive house in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't resist filming it. Here is the link if you want to see it bigger.


Who has this kind of time??

The kids got everything they wanted & more. Well almost everything. Sam's been asking for a DS since 2009 but I told him Santa wasn't bringing one cuz he already had too much video game crap to cry over. Juliet now has the Littlest Pet Shop coming out the wazoo. Sam got hot wheels wall tracks and another 1700+ pieces of Mega Blocks to scatter about the house. My husband was up until 3 a.m. this morning building. Now it will all sit assembled and probably not get played with beyond today. 



At my aunts the grand-children (my generation) were in charge of entertainment and organized a flash-mob. It was awesome. It's a bit long but if I don't post it my family will not be impressed. I think it's great. We have a very creative family and my sister & twin cousins did a fabulous job with the lyrics. Here's the link to watch it bigger.



On the 27th I watched 10 straight hours of Comedy Network Roasts. Fabulous. Totally un-holiday related but I had to throw that in. Funniest shit ever.

We hosted the New Year's celebrations. Well, our lame version of them, watching the Hangover 2. My best friend & her fam were here. Four screaming children. Three screaming adults. It was great. We made new year's masks & still sent the kids to bed before midnight. Another friend from TO joined in on the fun & my hubby had a friend or 2 over for a few dozen beers. We all managed to survive with only a few arguments & meltdowns.  It was a very enjoyable 3 day celebration of family, food, drinks & good company.




Again, the kids were tired.

So now the countdown really begins. New baby in T-6 weeks. The baby could even arrive this month if she so desires. I'm ready. We're ready. Bring it on 2012. With that being said I guess I should go finish painting her room...

1 comment:

  1. your post made me laugh and cry. You're the best, I love you so much.
    Great photo's as always.
    p.s that was hot tub water i let the kids suck on eh...till you told me

    ReplyDelete