Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby's Room


Done. FINALLY. I went super traditional and chose pink. When my mom was here before Christmas she & the kids went at 'er and got the room painted. But I wasn't satisfied and we ran out of time. Something was missing. With that in mind... I hit the ground running with the marvelous idea to add some stripes to the walls. Who's dumb idea was that again?? Oh yeah. Mine.

Soon after I began taping out the pattern I seriously began to reconsider. What was I thinking? Two days and numerous contractions later the taping was done... and I was losing interest. I decided to give it a rest for the weekend. Yesterday I was at it again. I mixed the left over pink paint with half a gallon of white paint to create a light pink for the stripes. On it went with a roller. I was so tempted to just leave it at that and pass off the roller marks as texture but I didn't. Today I tackled the actual texture I wanted to add to the stripes to finish the job. I used a brush and roughly painted a second coat on all the small stripes. Then I added some raspberry colorant to the light pink paint and roughly rubbed it over the largest stripe.

There were NUMEROUS times I wanted to give up or to just do a half-ass job... but I didn't. I pulled through and the room looks fabulous. I wish I had different curtains but I really want to keep the room dark for sleeping... so I just added some white sheers over Sam's old brown curtains. I set up my changing alcove in the old closet and added some artwork. All that's missing.... the baby. Oh and maybe some newborn clothes & PJ's... fitted crib sheets.... diapers... wipes....







3 comments: