Friday, December 23, 2011

The Week in Review

Not only has today been some kind of record breaking blog-a-lot but the week in general has been quite hectic. Well at least for a pregnant lady. Before I get on with it just a quick reminder that Mom, this is the post that you are NOT supposed to look at until AFTER the 26th...



Last weekend after hockey practice the kids got a chance to meet with Santa. Thank god for that because I am not into mall Santas & we never got around to writing a letter (way to go mom-of-the-year). Unfortunately, while Juliet was telling me what she told Santa to bring her for Christmas Sam suddenly realized "I forgot to tell Santa what I wanted!!!!"

"Well what did you talk about then??" I asked.

"Hockey!!" Go figure.

I re-assured Sam that Santa already knew what he wanted because Santa hears us talking about it... And it wasn't going to be a DS anyway so he didn't need to worry.



Later that weekend my mom returned from Colombia for the holidays and so what better way to celebrate (or take advantage of) then to put her straight to work. The kitchen renos are basically done so we... (ahem, SHE) painted the kitchen cabinets & the baby's room.

TA DA!


There's still some work to be done in the baby's room but at least the room isn't green anymore with fish on the walls. Lol.

The kids finished school yesterday and are off until January 9th!!! Ahhhhh! It better snow another 2 feet so we can get in some winter activity. Today I almost went crazy, even tho we had a couple of activities to get through the day. The first was painting a picture for my mom for Christmas. I ventured into Michaels and picked up some small canvases & oil paints so the kids could get creative. Creativity isn't really their forte but the paintings turned out awesome. Once I explained that they had to dab the paint on and not really brush it they really came together. Juliet painted a rainbow with the intention of having her, Grama & me standing under it... but the rainbow got a bit crowded. So she painted a second picture of her, Grama, me & the new baby. Sam decided to paint a picture of him snowboarding. I suggested adding a christmas tree and I guess crashing into one was the idea he got.


Although significantly more expensive than any other paints... I find the oil was definitely the right choice. It makes the simplest picture that much more exciting with it's texture. Success!

Our second project of the day was baking gingerbread cookies. We'll be giving them to Grama & Alex as well as to the kids cousins.


They were very excited about baking and even more excited to decorate the cookies. I was limited in the decorations I had to put on the cookies but that didn't matter. I suggested looking in their Halloween bags for some Smarties or other candy they could use. Not fully understanding the project Juliet picked a huge hard candy & Reese peanut butter cup. I explained a little further & she decided Smarties would be best. The cookies measure a good 7-8 inches tall so they were really easy for the kids to work with.


A little creepy looking but overall successful!

I still can't really believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I think we're ready. I'm looking forward to Christmas with my family because we're going with the whole "ugly Christmas sweater" theme so that should make for some interesting photos.  So in keeping with the whole "tacky/ugly" Christmas theme I'll leave you with couple photos of the BEAUTIFUL piece of work I found at the Sally Ann the other day... currently hanging on my front door.


Somebody made that you know... Priceless.

4 comments:

  1. So much awesomeness in one post! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. I'm sure the post will be good, and I'm astonished you wrote it, man! Excellent work, and please keep it up! I couldn't agree more, and I've saved this to Pocket as well! Keep it up, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous23/8/23 06:25

    Recruitment agencies collaborate with government policies aimed at protecting migrant workers.

    ReplyDelete