Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random..

Hello December!

So were your kids as excited as mine to open the very first door of their very first advent calendar? Geez. I gave it to them on Monday and everyday this week they have been "reminding" me that they can only open it on Jeudi. But their idea of a reminder is more like a question just to make sure that they can't open it earlier. They eagerly searched for the first door so that they'd be ready for this morning.

They are so funny. They never cease to amaze me. Listening to their conversations... answering their questions. Juliet comes up with the craziest, but intelligent ideas...

"Mommy... what would happen if there was no more air?"
"Mommy... what would happen if there were no more trees?"
"Mommy... do people come from outer space?"
"Can children be astronauts or just grown ups?"
During an episode of House Hunters when 2 gay men were looking for a house.. "Mommy, are those men neighbours?" ... which led to my explanation of how sometimes boys love boys & girls love girls.
"Mommy... how does the baby eat in your tummy?"
In the very busy public bathroom at the Y... "Mommy... why do your underwear go up your butt?"

That's the last time I go to the bathroom at the same time as my kids... who knows what other questions they'll come up with.

Happy December!

1 comment:

  1. Once while waiting in line for a prescription I told Chase that I was picking up cream. Oh, she says DO YOU HAVE AN ITCHING PROBLEM? Well it doesn't really matter if I do or I don't *now* does it?

    ReplyDelete