Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cheer On!

The Christmas cheer continues. Last weekend was the Brockville Santa Claus parade so we hit the curb to take it all in. Usually we spend American Thanksgiving in Baltimore but this year we didn't go so it was our first ever Brockville parade. While it's all fun & festive to be out & celebrating the holiday cheer I must admit that daytime parades are rather lame. Without the darkness to illuminate the floats they just look like vehicles covered in wiring. Not all that impressive. Then you have the historical figures riding Segways...



 It was all fun nonetheless and we got another glimpse of the man in red. Woohoo.




So I think I mentioned we got our tree last weekend & decorated it. The kids still love it and so I don't think we will be getting a bigger one... although Juliet has agreed to this on the account that we get a big one next year. I wrapped some presents and put them under the tree without any names on them and have forbid the kids to even touch them. It was an experiment... and it's actually turned out better than I expected. They actually haven't touched them but they have shed a couple tears and asked a few times if they could open them now.... it's like if they ask every day one day I will say yes. They've got 22 more days before that happens.

I let them open a gift from my grandmother... because if I remember correctly she had said "this is for when you decorate your tree". I just wasn't sure if she meant that it was actually for decorating the tree... or to go under it once it's decorated. I took the chance that she meant the former & we each opened her gifts. I was right. She gave me some awesome vintage ornaments. They make an excellent addition to an already excellent tree/plant. Lol. Cheer on!



No comments:

Post a Comment