Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Names?

Naturally, I am constantly changing my mind about what I would like to name our baby girl. I was certain she would be Josephine but now I'm not sure if that's even on the list. I've gone through various websites to gain inspiration and have come up with a few names that I like:

Sofie
Esmé
Winter
Valentina
Vivienne
Sadie
Ruby

I know these will change a million times over. I really like Sofie, but I keep searching & adding to the list anyway. I will probably have to see her to pick the final name... which means she may remain nameless for weeks like Juliet was.

A site I visited today provided a link to a page of celebrity baby names. That is the inspiration for this post. Here is a list of actual celebrity baby names. They don't include last names. It's shocking.

Audio Science
Fifi-Trixibelle
Little Pixie
Peaches Honeyblossom
Mirabella Bunny
Poet Sienna Rose
Antonio Kamakanaalohamaikalani Harvey
Bluebell Madonna
Java Jumala
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily
Moxie Crimefighter
Daisy Boo
Petal Blossom Rainbow
Poppy Honey
Sistine Rose
Sonnet Noel
True Isabella Summer
Tu Simone
Bandit Lee (for a girl!)
Pilot Inspektor
Bear Blu
Bridie
Diva Muffin
Moon Unit
Seven Sirius
Diesel Dean
Speck Wildhorse

Seriously? Some of these names are okay alone... but paired up as they have been they're horrifying. There were a lot more, but these are the ones that stood out the most. For the full list of celebrity baby names click here.

5 comments:

  1. Alys: A noble and dependable person. Variations include Alyce, Alice, or even Alyssa.

    Bryn: Has come to mean protector, although originally the word meant "hill fort". Variations include Brina, Brynne, or Bryn.

    Kiera: Variant of Greek word for "lady." Variations include Keira, Kirya, Kera, Kieran

    Wynn: Holy or blessed. Also a boy's name.

    sine: God is Gracious

    vayda: Eternal knowledge

    serena: Serene, Calm


    i can go on and on.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Poet Sienna Rose. Pilot Inspector is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Pilot InspeKtor Jenne... and I bet you like Moxie Crimefighter & Audio Science too...

    @Anonymous (Jess)... my names have to work well in both french & english... and they can't be too far fetched from the relatively normal names of Sam (my son) & Juliet (my daughter)... even tho Winter is a bit off, but I've always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm good with these, but don't forget about paticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Esme but I am sure others may not, but I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete