Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Monday

So Sam & Juliet went back to daycamp today after a 2 week hiatus. Glorious. I over slept, although the kids didn't & were waiting for me downstairs watching the Backyardigans. So by the time I was ready to leave it was 9:15am.... 15 minutes before my yoga class. Monday is garbage day so I decided I'd better get that to the curb before we left. I yanked the bag outta the can only to discover about an inch of garbage juice in the bottom of the can that dripped all over my leggings. Awesome. By this time yoga starts in 10 minutes, the kids still don't have their shoes on and now I am about to puke. Believe it or not... I still actually dragged the damn can out the front door and got the bag to the curb. At this point I have abandoned all hope of making it to yoga on time so I changed clothes and decided to walk the kids to camp.

For the first time in my life as a parent, I really didn't know what to do with myself sans enfants. I headed home and put a load of towels in the wash. I had to feel like I accomplished something. I cleaned up my room a bit and then decided it would be a great idea to go for a pedi. So I did. A mani too. I went into the office afterward and lasted an hour before I felt anxious and had to get out of there. This is how my life is right now... I just can't bring myself to do any more office work. I want to get as far away from it all as possible. I obviously can't replace it with mani/pedis... I will wrap my head around that eventually. But I need to replace it with something. At least for the next 6 months until number 3 arrives.... but what?

After an early supper the kids were playing in the backyard when Sam run's in asking if we can go swim in the neighbours pool because he heard that the neighbour was swimming. I decided I would go and ask. Of course they said sure... but only for a little while because they hadn't had their spaghetti supper yet. Next thing you know an hour and a half has passed, my husband is home from work, BBQ'd a steak & zucchini and brought it over... another neighbour has joined in on the noise with a fist full of beer... the wine is pouring... the shrimp & calamari are cooking and the kids are eating chicken fingers & french fries. It was dark dark by the time I dragged my water logged trio (yes... hubby made it into the pool too) home for bed. Three hours of swimming that I have no doubt were the 3 best hours my kids have ever spent in a pool. Are summer Mondays fun or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment