Tuesday, December 11, 2012

deck the halls

In comes the holiday season out pour the crafts & festivities. Well, sort of.

In the past I've been known to go a little cookie crazy...



It's like a crazy 5-day extravaganza. You can see more about it here. Unfortunately last year I forwent the cookie baking process because A.) I was pregnant and who wants to do anything when they're pregnant and B.) We were in the midst of kitchen renos. This year I have no excuse. Ok let's go with lack of time and laziness. But come to think of it... I should really bake this weekend.



What I HAVE been up to lately is Christmas crafts. We, we've been. It started when I saw this picture of some sticks dressed up like Santas.


I love them. So I gathered some sticks on my way home from work and made my own (by now my neighbours are all probably used to seeing me pick stuff up off the ground... what with all the leaves I gathered for my fall wreath). SO here are my Santas.

They aren't exactly the same but they're good enough.

Over the weekend at about exactly the time my kids were getting on my nerves I quickly sat them at the table with some paint, glitter & pine cones.



I had initially thought they could turn them into ornaments but after they were done I decided on something else. I think they did a pretty good job and now we have a lovely centerpiece.


Not too shabby. And I can just put the whole thing away after the holidays until next year.

Also over the weekend I decided to go all super mom on myself and we picked up our Christmas tree. Me, with all 3 kids, no husband, in the rain. That means choosing a tree that everyone agrees on, tossing it on the roof of the van, securing it there to drive home, bringing it in the house and getting it into the tree stand... all without cursing once. Booyah! Sunday we decorated.


This kids did a bang up job and were VERY excited. And now we have a lovely Christmas tree.

Now all we need is some snow and it might just feel like the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was loads of fun! How cute the Charlebois are ;) The Santa sticks are AMAZING!

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete