Saturday, September 8, 2012

"three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. baby tomato starts lagging behind. poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, catch up!"

September already. Who knew summer would go so fast.... which is pretty much what everybody says, every year, at about this time. It was a busy one... and before we get into all things school & routine I wanted to do some "catching-up" from the summer. There are a couple of things I never got around to sharing.


PARKWAY ADVENTURES  

At the beginning of the summer we had so much time... or at least it felt like it. We spent a lot of time exploring areas of where we live that we'd never been before. One of those spots was the 1000 Islands Parkway. We've driven it a lot, but never really stopped along the way. So in mid July, we did.




Can you believe this sign? When I first caught sight of it all I saw was "White Section". I almost tripped. At second glance it's clearly not racially motivated (I hope), but just for a second I was worried about what kind of a beach we were on.






BROCKVILLE CEMETERIES

I love exploring graveyards. I could honestly travel the world with an itinerary based solely on where the coolest & most ancient graveyards are. There is a pretty cool cemetery right here in Brockville and if I don't ever buy an island in the river to lay myself to rest I wouldn't mind having a plot in this cemetery. Some of the graves date back to the 1700s!!



Another thing about old cemeteries is the amount of graves you will come across that belong to babies. It was shocking. I took tons of photos and debated as to whether or not I should post them. I decided that I would as a way to remember them by. Everyone who reads my blog will see the photos and each of these little babies will be thought of once more.


REST IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment