Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CANADA Day.

Yes I know... I'm a little late with this post. But believe it or not, there are other things I need to do in my down time (ie: when Sofie sleeps/rests her eyes)... like clean, sleep, shower. So my posting suffers. But better late than never eh!



So for Canada day we ventured down to the river to take in the excitement that is hydroplane racing. I also wanted to go deaf and scare Sofie into convulsions with the noise. Before we had to race out of there I took a ton of photos...







I loved it. But in the name of good parenting I couldn't subject poor Sofie to the noise. Maybe next year.

We spent the rest of the afternoon with family. The idea was to BBQ at the harbour where my grandparents have their boat. After a bit of an afternoon 'shower' that trapped Sofie & me in the middle of the harbour lawn under a beach umbrella... my mother under the BBQ tent & a few grown men on the boat, we were finally able to all gather together for supper. This is also where this caterpillar fell out of the movie "The Labyrinth" and into my lap. GROSS!




Seriously? What is that. And no that is not my hand in the picture... Caterpillars give me the willies.

Ultimately we were able to enjoy a lovely evening (Sofie included!!) AND stayed up until the fireworks. I love fireworks.
It was good times.


1 comment: