Saturday, January 5, 2013

On Display

We're coming to the end of the Christmas vacation... and I'm ready for it. In fact I'm straight up bored. The weather hasn't exactly been peachy keen so the lack of outdoor activity has been somewhat depressing. An 11 month old out in the winter weather isn't exactly my idea of fun either... not much she can do to stay warm. We did get out to do some skating and the kids had a few good hours of romping around in the snow. But aside from that... I'm ready to get back to school.

I've been meaning for a long time now to share some of the stuff we've been doing at daycare. It's more like we'd been doing now... going back as far has Halloween. We've got a huge display board in the front hallway of the centre so I thought I would take it upon myself to make sure it gets decorated by the kids instead of with plain old posters. I'm trying to keep it seasonal/current and so far it's worked out great. This was our Halloween display...
We made spiders from our hand prints & ghosts from our feet. The older kids made pumpkins & cats. It was awesome. For Remembrance Day we made poppies, first with our hands again and then with tissue paper. I basically did all the tissue paper flowers. Kids often have a short attention span for crafts when there are blocks & Lego to play with. It still turned out nice.
Then came Christmas. I had an idea in mind for a Christmas tree and found some velvet ribbon that fit the idea PERFECTLY. I made the tree and then the toddlers & kindergarteners made awesome ornaments to decorate it. I loved it.


Got any ideas for January?

No comments:

Post a Comment